AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Saddle Tanks and Planter Tanks-Plumbing questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 4/11/2009 12:50 (#676907 - in reply to #676753)
Subject: Re: Saddle Tanks and Planter Tanks-Plumbing questions

Leesburg, Ohio
I used a set of saddle tanks years ago on a 4430 pulling an 8 row 7000 planter with tanks on the planter and a squeeze pump on the planter to apply liquid starter. I just Tee'd into the the main line connecting the tanks to the pump, and ran a 1-1/4" hose up the tongue to the tractor where it quick-coupled to the line coming from the saddle tanks. Valves at the T on the planter let me control where the pump sucked from. No other pump anywhere. The saddle tanks had their own quick-fill port at the front of the tractor, and it was quicker to fill the saddle tanks, then move the fill hose to the planter fill coupler, but the way we had them plumbed, I could fill all the tanks from either direction, which was handy if I needed to pull up to the road to fill. The squeeze pump had adequate suction as long as the squeeze hoses were good, and we always changed them every year anyway. I would think most other pumps would be more than adequate to pull from saddle tanks. You'll just need to put valves in the lines where they meet so you can control the source.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)