AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

debt collectors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdflyer
Posted 4/7/2009 04:42 (#671983 - in reply to #670981)
Subject: Re: debt collectors

Centralia, MO
These SOB's will say any lie to try to collect the debt. One big problem is whether the debt is legitimate. I listen to a legal call-in show on talk radio and the lawyer on there is always hearing from people who have a debt that is out of statute of limitations or isn't a legitimate debt in the first place. I am currently dealing with a case of my own where a telemarketer claims I said yes to a magazine subscription. The stupid thing is I never received any product from them so they are not out any money. The second time I talked to them I said just cancel the order and they acted like they couldn't which is stupid. Then they sent it to a collection agency which initially sent me a letter saying that I had to document that I didn't owe the "debt" or they would assume it was legit. Well how can you document such a thing. I don't have a recording of the phone call and there was never anything in writing. Then they said they would ding my credit rating if I didn't pay and I said how can you ding a credit rating when there was no credit extended (never received any product). They claimed it was credit because I had agreed to the debt. I said show me your Fair Credit Reporting Act statement that they would have had to send me before extending credit listing APR and other terms. Since that call they have resorted to a regular mailing threatening all kinds of nonsense and I quit answering any incoming call from an 800 number. Despite being on every no-call list there is, I still get 2 or 3 calls a night. One particular number calls 10 to 12 times a week which I have been assuming is the collection agency. Unfortunately it cost them virtually nothing to get some lowlife to dial my phone number over and over again and the mailings are also cheap. I'm sure they have it figured out statistically how much they can afford to spend in order to get the average person to pay them just to stop the harassment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)