AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eastern Colorado/Wyoming and west Nebraska people
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 4/6/2009 22:26 (#671672 - in reply to #671274)
Subject: RE: Eastern Colorado/Wyoming and west Nebraska people

Southeast Wyoming

We had much the same here.  We were down to 7° during the night and up to 37° today so we had some snow melt.  We had 3-6 foot drifts in the tree and fence rows and in the corrals.  I was in CO & NE on Friday - got home about 9:00 pm as the snow was starting to get serious.  We had some rain on Friday so the highways built up with snow rather than blowing clear.  I was out on the highway Saturday morning with the pickup and could navigate but it was a problem.  We were called to pick up a neighbor stuck in a snow bank about dusk on Saturday.  I was in the borrowpit 3 times and got within about 1/4 of a mile of him; I had the window down and could not see the edge of the road most of the time - I guess that is what they call driving by the seat of your pants.  We got a call that another neighbor was on the way with a loader tractor to give him a ride so I felt my way around and back to my mother's house, where I spent the night.

I'd say we have 30-50% snow cover on the wheat - most of the snow is in drifts where it does not give direct moisture to the crops/pastures.  They have predicted a high Tuesday of 60° - we'll need a canoe to navigate the corrals.  They predict more snow on Wednesday and over the weekend.  Great lambing weather!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)