AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RAB, Deadduck.., here's the raised beds, & questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

murphypat
Posted 3/27/2009 11:14 (#658571 - in reply to #657804)
Subject: RE: RAB, Deadduck.., here's the raised beds, & questions.

central mississippi
I have the same Brandt roller you have except my does not fold. I had problems with the dirt slowly building up under the back bar below the scraper and making the rollers hard to turn. When they got hard to turn they flattened out my thinner dirt because the roller wasnt turning easily. Eventually the roller would stop turning all together and i would have to clean out the dirt with a crow bar. Your dirt may be different from mine and from your pictures i know i had more residue when running mine which makes it worse. I dont think you can do what i eventually did to mine because yours is folding. I ended up cutting the back tubing off and moving it where it was centered over the top of the rollers and positioned the scraper on the rear of it. I've never had any trouble again. Another option we considered (which might work for a folding Brandt like yours) is to put scrapers on it like Eddins has on their roller. We went the other route since moving the back bar further foward would make the implement easier to lift (much easier to lift now).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)