AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1770 NT JD planter 16 row
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SEK Farmer
Posted 3/26/2009 15:59 (#657602)
Subject: 1770 NT JD planter 16 row

Southeastern Kansas
Earlier this year we went through our 1770 planter and rebuilt and replaced many worn parts after 13,000 acres of use. One of the replacemts was the guage wheel arms and wheels and tires. We could no longer adjust the arms to snug the tires up to the disc. So far we have run a thousand acres this Spring and the new guage wheels are already needing drastic adjustment. We called out the dealer to look at the results and his comment is they already know, have complained to Deere officials and were told there is nothing in the works to resolve the issue. My comment is the original arms though not maintence free were so much better than the present that I question the quality of the parts product we now own. Bearings have been an issue along with even the rubber tires which we are told need changing. QUALITY has apparently gone to the junk pile. So much so that I question why I should trade the planter I now have for something that most of the parts if not all are made of inferior China products. For the money these guys are getting for their product, the longevity is on the short side. We will see how the next few years go, next one might be a different color if they are any better which I doubt. We might just keep the old one. Is anyone else seeing this too?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)