AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Machinery Scam?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

johns_79
Posted 3/23/2009 20:06 (#654092 - in reply to #654074)
Subject: Re: Machinery Scam?

Windom, MN
I really don't know with the information you gave. I've never purchased online, always went and looked at the machine I found on the internet and then decided if I wanted to buy.

I know there are a lot of scammers out there, so you're right to be cautious. I don't know how far you need to travel to pick up the machine, but I would ask if you could give him a couple hundred bucks to hold it till you get there, and tell the seller exactly when you plan to pick it up, and follow through. That way if it is a scam, you're only out a couple hundred versus a couple thousand.

Looking at it from a sellers point of view, I hate it when people are unreliable, so he may just want some money to show you are serious. Last time I sold something (a car) I had someone stop, drive it, then say they were going to go and get some money and to hold it for them. I agreed, but after a week, they were a no show, and I turned 3 other buyers down. Frustrating, but I ended up getting a number from the second guy and he still wanted it a week later, so he bought it, but it was a hassle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)