AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Installing stirrators
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rcfynrdt
Posted 3/8/2009 17:51 (#636226 - in reply to #635745)
Subject: Re: Installing stirrators

Central Iowa
hey its relatively easy task. I don't know how much you have done with the sukup stirators but first you need to get the augers down. Import though before leaning a ladder against the cross tube make sure to clamp a large vise grip on the track to keep it from rolling around the bin. They can and will move if not done. Remember when working with sukup stirators the screw balances the motor on the cross tube. When removing the screw i usually stick a crow through the motor assembly so i control its rotation down while i remove the screw. Also make sure the clips are in the motor so that it can't fall off after removing the screw. the easiest way to let the tubes down are with two winches that we call stirator jacks. I forgot to mention that you want to positing the stirator so that it is directly below the manhole. you place on winch acroos the center hole and one winch across the manhole u than lift so you can get it loose from the track and center ring that slowly let down onto saw horses were you can further dismantle and remove.

Any questions feel free to ask. I do bin work in the summers on the side may be interested if you decide u would like someone to do it for you.

Thanks
Eric 641-990-5085
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)