AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

? about installing relays
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Silver Shoes
Posted 3/5/2009 23:07 (#633315)
Subject: ? about installing relays

Seneca Kansas 66538
Today I was looking at our 2500 Big A and noted the headlights are kinda dim and it got me to thinking about installing a relay to try help the brightness of them. My question since I have never installed a relay before might be complicated to understand but hopefully someone can help on this. On the relay I have the wire that goes to the Hot side of the battery and the negative side figured out, but what I am having a difficult time with are the wires that go to Switch and Lights. The lights are controlled by a push/pull switch and with lights turned off one side is Hot and one not, when turned on they are both hot which is simple enough. My question is do the other two relay wires go between the hot wire or the not hot wire (when switch is turned off). I tried putting the two relay wires on the not hot side and with the engine not running it seemed to work fine but when I started the engine it blew the fuse on the wire from the relay to the HOT battery side. Am I doing this incorrectly or is something else cause a huge load and blowing the fuse? Thanks for any help on this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)