AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

K-HART double disk drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mustard
Posted 3/3/2009 07:35 (#629884 - in reply to #629650)
Subject: Re: K-HART double disk drill

Kindersley Sk.
At this years Saskatchewan Soil Conservation Association conference I sat across the table from a guy at who bought a K-hart drill last year. He was generally happy with it other than the fact that it was very limited with regard to the amount of fertilizer he could place with the single shoot system. He got around it by top dressing with 28-0-0 after the fact.

This guy farmed near Oyen Alberta so I don't think excess straw would be much of a problem for him to overcome in that dryer area, but if it was, the row cleaners on the K-Hart openers should help. *If they work as advertised* I say that because I remember seeing a video a few years back of a row cleaner going though some heavily thatched wheat straw. It was pulling as much straw from the far side of the row into the path of the disk as it was clearing straw out of the row.

I think I will eventually go to a disk drill set-up rather than a hoe sometime in the next couple years. In my looking around I came across this opener http://pillarlaser.ca/brochure.pdf built in Warman. I'm hoping to see one in action this spring. If I remember to take my camera when I go, I'll post what I find on this board.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)