AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8430 questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmhowe
Posted 3/2/2009 23:15 (#629637 - in reply to #629518)
Subject: RE: 8430 questions

There is a kinze repower kit and also many guys have repowered them with a 50 series motor. If it has a power shift trans, i feel your really good, those trannies can take a lot. the quad range trannies are a little weaker. The Nebraska test says they came with 178 pto and 155 draw bar hp. I have a 4640 deere setat 200 pto hp with a power shift and it was stock at 155 hp. I would not be afraid at all to turn it up to 225 hp as that would be a 25% increase. If you do turn the pump up make sure it is done by someone who knows what they are doing and it is done on a dyno, if you dont do this you are performing a crap shoot and can easily turn it up too much and cause problems. The 8430s were a good machine but the engines were a little weak. If it was mine, I would put a reman 50 series engine and a new clutch and run it. Just to let you know I have a degree in diesel mechanics, and work professionally as a mechanic, so you can trust me. As far as worth fixing that is a financial question you will have to ponder. I recomend just having a quick inspection of the machine by a john deere dealer to make sure the pivot pins are good among other common problems to see if it is worth fixing or if it will become a money pit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)