AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Toy? Middle Age Crisis?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 3/2/2009 08:39 (#628548 - in reply to #628311)
Subject: RE: Buy a large life insurance policy first and then enjoy yourself.

Thumb of Michigan
Excellent deal both ways, Eddy. Buying the bike and taking the course.

When my wife wanted to start riding, told her she couldn't until she took the safe rider course. Decided there was no good reason for me not to take it either. She learned an awful lot of valuable things that've kept her out of trouble. I unlearned (after 30+ years on a bike at the time) a lot of bad habits as well.

I've had many friends who've owned Sporty's, the 1200's are nice. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I would take HD up on the trade in deal if you find you do rack some miles up. If you're happiest staying close to home, the Sporty will serve you well, though.

In Michigan, the bulk of the nasty accidents the last few years have been untrained riders riding bikes that are too big for them- or at least to big for their skill level. Generally speaking, the riders from maybe 45 yrs old to 60 are the most likely to be the ones you read about in the paper. Same group regardless of whether its a single or multiple vehicle accident. Get the right sized bike and get trained to ride it properly (and safely) your chances of being a bad statistic drop dramatically.

Edited by pat-michigan 3/2/2009 08:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)