AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why aren't all post sprayers tall enough for tall corn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 2/27/2009 11:29 (#624961)
Subject: Why aren't all post sprayers tall enough for tall corn?

It seems like fungicide applications in corn are getting more the norm - it appears I could have picked up close to 50bpa on one field had I sprayed (ouch, but going in I wouldn't have guessed spraying was remotely necessary). Still I see many new post sprayers that are not that tall. Hagie and a few of the front boom manufacturers are generally tall enough and folks get by with the JD 4700/4900 (but without much margin). Anyone have any ideas? In the total market for sprayers is spraying tall corn acres still small enough not to force a change? Or, is the only tractor that should be in tassled corn an AirTractor?

Thanks,

Pat

On a side note: In 1996 I had a chance to buy a hagie 280 (diesel, 4wd) for $15K and would probably still have it today, but noooooo mr. cheap went through 3 different sprayers (including a use all the gas in the world hagie 8240) and now have a no-one-wants-except-me gallenberg with 33" of clearance. Someone posted pics of a raised gallenberg and I'm seriously considering doing the same and a possible 50bpa gain sure puts a little fire under my butt to get it done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)