AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What tire pressure should I be at?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Plotski
Posted 2/27/2009 12:34 (#625036 - in reply to #624717)
Subject: RE: What tire pressure should I be at?

Massachusetts
RodInNS - 2/26/2009 20:19

Put it on a scale, one axle at a time. See what each is carrying, as equipped with whatever you're pulling. Get the axle weight, divide by two, then consult your operators or manual or tire handbook for the recomended tire pressure for that weight.
If you don't have a scale, the operators manual can tell you the axle weights, then you can do some guessing for the machine...

Rod

What confuses me is what do you do when the weight is variable. Say you have a 300 gallon three point hitch sprayer, it weighs an awful lot more full than empty. If your tires are the correct pressure for the full weight, they are way overinflated for the empty weight. I guess that's better than underinflated for the full weight?

I will often pump up my tires during potato harvest season when I have the potato harvester, because it is a lot of tongue weight. But I have a three point hitch, four row potato planter that holds almost two ton f seed. I have to inflate a lot for that when full, otherwise those tires are squished flat.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)