AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vehicle GPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 10/25/2006 23:34 (#55174 - in reply to #55113)
Subject: Re: Vehicle GPS

Grand Rapids, MI
I bought Microsoft Streets and Trips with a USB gps reciever. I think the whole thing was around $100. The software was labeled 2006, but about 2 years behind on new roads, existing roads were fine. I use it with my laptop and a power inverter. Has audio guidance, but no auto-rerouting.

I bought a laptop stand from www.autolaptoplink.com The stand is ok for the $, but is mostly electrical conduit and plumbing parts. The desk part is a chunk of plexiglass with a lip rolled up on the bottom edge with that tool drawer liner stuff (the stuff that keeps your wrenches from sliding around) glued to the top. The mounting to the vehicle I had to do some modifying to fit my Jeep, the conduit clamp that clamps onto the seat rail works on my BMW as long as I don't slide the seat too far forward. So overall if a guy was handy and had some time, you could probably do just as well or better. One of those things when you see it you say, "I could have done that" and saved $. But then when you think of it you realize it would have been a half dozen trips to the hardware store, etc. and so then $50-$60 doesn't seem so bad...lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)