AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2000 and "01" Dodge Ram Trucks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ChrisTN
Posted 2/22/2009 20:58 (#619134)
Subject: 2000 and "01" Dodge Ram Trucks

Ethridge, TN

I've got a 2000 3500 Ram 1-ton with the Cummins, 5 speed, and an Alumline bed on it. Bought the truck new as a cab chassis, so it has the long frame. Have had virtually no problems with this truck, as it now has a little better than 160K on it.

Other day, I went to get in the truck to come home for the day, and noticed that the top of dash looked strange. First thought was that it was a reflection off of something, but once I got close, I could see that I now have 2 cracks in the dash top.

After being a bit ticked off, I started a google search to see what I could find for a replacement, or a good way to repair it. Truck has too much life in it, and what I really want as a replacement for it just ain't in the budget. Come to find out, there are posts all over the internet about this year range of trucks having problems with the dashes cracking, and completely falling in. I was originally figuring, while it shouldn't happen, it is a 10 year old truck, bought it in Dec of 99, so, crap is bound to happen.

I've read where folks tried to get Dodge to do something about it, as there is reference that they out sourced the dash build to overseas, and there was some flaws in the make-up of the materials used to manufacture the dash.

Don't have the time to get into a pissing match with Dodge, especially since they seem to not have any money anyhow, but I am curious as to whether there are others here that have had the problem, and if you have installed any of the ABS overlays that are on the market. Thinking I want to do that sooner than later, before it gets worse than it is. Right now, all I have is cracks, it's all still in place. I'd appreciate any information on how you did it, and anything in regards as to whether you would change anything from the way you did do it now.

From what I can gain from what I've read, the overlays are adhered to the old dash with silicone adhesive.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)