AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versatiles anyone?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Versatile Farmer
Posted 2/22/2009 13:32 (#618582 - in reply to #618316)
Subject: Re: Versatiles anyone?

Southeast North Dakota
Yeah, I go back and forth with my neighbors about the Designation 6's. I think they were a good tractor, but actually they were a lighter tractor than it's predecessors. They removed the center "box" to make driveline repairs easier and servicing more accessible. Gears 1 thru 4 were moved from the side of the dash to the right console, which made shifting actually harder because the shifter was out of line with the transmission. On the positive side the axles and planetaries were heavier duty, and the hydraulics were better. You can run an airdrill fan with the factory hydraulics. The cab visibility is better, but the old red Versatiles had a roomier cab in my opinion. The cabs on the old ones were square where Versatile tapered the cab corners in on the Designation 6's making them seem a little tighter for room. I dunno, to me the late 70's and early 80's Versatiles are the kings of the hill. You can buy them reasonably and with the addition of an auxiliary hydraulic system you can do anything the newer ones can. JMHO.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)