AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When you were a kid....what tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Virginia Veg.
Posted 2/21/2009 19:58 (#617756 - in reply to #617723)
Subject: Jon are you crazy?

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
If you think you want a 1086, you better rent it before you buy it so that you're not stuck with it. We had some 86 series over the years and aside from the engine, that tractor had nothing to offer. The door opens backwards, the gearshifters were on the wrong side and had major linkage issues, the TA was a joke, the hydraulics were years behind others, the rediculous ball and socket front end was retarded, the round front axle was awful and the spindles wore the outside of front tires because they leaned way out, the rear visibility was terrible, it often got stuck in two gears, and uh, i guess thats all. I was young and naive then too, and I still hated them. The only thing worse than a 1086 is a 2+2. Having said all that, red is still my second choice. I do think 86 series tractors were good looking. The only other good points were good short turning radius, and they were fast on the road. I liked the digital dash. That was really cool back then. I was sortof partial to the Deere 4630. That's what I learned to disk with at the tender age of 8. I still have one and it does all the planting. Very reliable tractor. The original one is still in Maryland and it flipped 10,000 hrs recently. (and thats on a mechanical meter)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)