AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replacement for 846 Versy????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bushton4
Posted 2/4/2009 19:56 (#596686 - in reply to #595658)
Subject: Re: Replacement for 846 Versy????

Any of the Row Crop challengers will do what you are doing with your 846. The 35 & 45's are 200+ pto hp. Most ran around 210 pto which is around 240 GHP. These 3116's are good on fuel and have some lugging capacity. A Row Crop 55 will run around 280-300 GHP with a 3126 engine. Track width will run from 60-120. For a tillage tractor you need to be as wide as possible. Belts are 18, 20, 25's. Forget about the rest of the sizes for a row crop.
Visited with a cusomter today that was unhappy with his CH55, said it rode rough on the road. We then went over to the shed where it was parked and the belts were completely shot. Maybe 1" of tread bar. They ride rougher than a cob and vibrate like crazy when they get this worn out. New tracks will make an completely different machine out tractor. $10K will get new camoplastbelts, which he didnt think was too bad. He still wanted to price a CVT tractor for loader work. He is one of the few that have owned a machine and did not really like it. I would agree, get someone to demo a rig or find a neighbor with one and ride around and see if you can drive it. It will be well worth your time.
Drop me an email if you want to ask more in depth ??? I have been around these tractors since the row croppers came out in 96' Email in profile
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)