AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FSA Argument
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 10/18/2006 20:37 (#53033 - in reply to #52789)
Subject: Re: FSA Argument

Grand Rapids, MI
Its dealing with the government...lol...always a lot of frustration! Oh and CYA is standard. I would disagree with going over your County Executive Director's (CED, I think this is what the previous poster was refering to) head. I had the chance to do some checking on this issue, because I was curious myself, and could see one of my clients making the same mistake. (sent out an e-mail to all clients today) It looks like the CCC633-EZ is the only form they will accept, and the language in the handbook is pretty strong. So your best bet is to play very nice and exaust any and all options locally before you "go over anyones head"

That being said, if you have exausted your options of playing nice locally, what I am refering to is only in the Handbook, and handbooks do not carry the weight of law, even though FSA sometimes likes to think otherwise. What would matter in court is the actual legislation and the regulations published in the CFR. Not saying you would bring it to court, just saying the handbook is not law, and state committees often recognize this (local usually just back up the CED) so there may be some options.

Again you have to weigh how many $ are at stake, how much time, energy, and $ you want to put in, and what strain you may put on your local FSA relationship and its attendant cost. I can't really be of help here because I don't know much about your particular situation.

Good Luck! If you need any more help, let me know

Edited by lorenk 10/18/2006 20:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)