AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will your lawn mower do this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tom Russell
Posted 10/10/2006 06:58 (#50082 - in reply to #49830)
Subject: Good comments that merit some clarification.

McLeod County Minnesota

The road is only for trucks and maybe a head trailer so the cut width is only 2 passes of a 62” mower. The combine goes around the neighbor’s place on a public road and enters the field on the far side. Leaving standing stalks has caused damage to exposed wire harnesses on trucks so mowing lessens truck repairs.

We have tried planting one round where the road goes but figured it was more monkey business than it was worth. Maybe we would look at it differently of we had to transport a large head mounted on the front of a combine.

As far as wear and tear on a mower, a Toro Z Master is a commercial mower that is designed to handle cornstalks, brushy tree growth, and similar stuff found in farm yards, undeveloped urban lots, and similar situations. Commercial grounds care outfits put an average of 3000 hours on them before trading. At that rate, mine will last me 20-30 years of cutting anything I have that needs cutting. And yes, it does a beautiful job cutting grass lawns with or without the bagger.

Have a good harvest!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)