AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cat 45 Ez Steer settings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

99guy
Posted 10/5/2006 23:35 (#49034 - in reply to #49017)
Subject: Re: Cat 45 Ez Steer settings

North Central MO
Not slipping on the Cat, had that trouble in the 2388. Took a while to detect the slipage. After that I applied a white stripe to the head of the motor drive, makes it alot easier to visually see any slipage on the wheel.

I'm betting alange hit the nail on the head in his post above regarding my disengage problem ... I have been decreasing the override value when I should have been increasing. Been cutting beans the last couple days but when I get back in the tractor with the Ez steer I'll change that value.

I cut a strip about 1/4" wide and just long enough to span the diameter of the motor drive end from white bumpersticker material and stuck it on the end cap for my visual slipage detector. Works really well. Trimble should put something in there from the factory. The 2388 wheel just seems to turn a little harder, has smaller diameter wheel, hard slick outer surface. Difficult to get things snug enough on that application to prevent slipage. Think before next year I'll change the steering wheel for starters, maybe gain a little diameter and get something with a grippier outer surface.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)