AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sandisk 512mb flashdrive won't work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/1/2006 08:51 (#47994 - in reply to #47917)
Subject: RE: I have the exact same drive, have had no problems

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have a variety of brands of the jumpdrives and use them for music as John has indicated.

I had only one fail on me. This was one that I found wedged under the seat in the 7700 tractor this Spring. It had obvious physical damage so this isn't surprising.

I also purchased one of the newer MP3 players from the VR3 folks. Some of you may recall that this model can use the SD cards or USB jumpdrives. My first one worked fine with the SD cards but not the jumpdrives that worked with the other model of the MP3 player.

I traded back with Wal-Mart but found the next one did the same thing. I emailed the company and got a response that they were aware of the problem with certain brands of jumpdrives and were working on a solution. They sent me another one anyway which behaved the same way. I took my sales slip back to Wal-Mart and got my money back but still had the "free one" from the company.

Later this unit would not "remember the last song played and FM frequency last used". This is a feature of this more deluxe model. Again I contacted the company and again they sent me another unit.

At this point, the newest one works in most respects but none of this model has every worked with certain brands of jumpdrives. Strangely it does work with my most generic jumpdrive. My other drives continue to work with the original MP3 player.

I can't really complain about the service from the VR3 folks as I now have two of the newer model of MP3 players for a cost of nothing.

I just noticed the other day that the VR3 folks make a backup camera system also. I have a post concerning some thoughts about it on the Precision Forum.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)