AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WTB: 535 Quadtrac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

waveofgrain
Posted 1/2/2018 07:44 (#6471991 - in reply to #6471419)
Subject: RE: WTB: 535 Quadtrac

At my wits end
Here is what I sent another guy. I've torn down and rebuilt an Iveco twice now. Super expensive parts (compared to cummins) and they don't stock all of them in North America (had to wait weeks for stuff from Italy). Let me know if you have any questions.

I hate to say it but I think your valve guides are out. The symptoms you described are Exactly what we experienced the first time with ours. What we found out was happening, was the guides are probably out on several cylinders. This is allowing the crankcase to be pressurized, this is pumping oil out the breather and also causes the actual blow by when you go to idle. To diagnose it, I drilled at tapped the cap on the valve cover and installed a pressure gauge in (inches of H2O) it. You should be max 16inches, you're probably over 35. I then took the valve cover off and ran the engine with it off. Exhaust was pouring up out of the #4,5, and 6 valves and the #6 had two broken guides. We were almost about to drop the valves into the engine. Once we removed the head, we also found that the valves had enough play that they had gone sideways and scored the walls of the cylinders badly enough that it damaged both the rings.

We've had this happen twice to us. The second time I was told by a dealer up in Canada that the problem is the compound turbo. It backs up the exhaust gas and creates too much head in the engine head. Thus we took ours off. The same engine runs without a compound exhaust turbo in the 435 to it wasn't too hard to remove it and the PTO unit and pipe straight from the main turbo to the engine. We also installed an EGT sensor and now constantly monitor the temps. We did all the engine work ourselves as no case dealer in our state would touch it. They only do swaps. I'm not going to lie when I tell you that these engine are expensive to work on and tricky. The timing is done with a dial indicator on the #1 injector, something i've never seen. Also Iveco, in defiance of US laws, does not provide info on its engines to private citizens. They even fought giving info to our dealer. I was lucky enough to find a manual for this engine online, it's not the best written but it got us through.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)