AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

questions about Ag Leader equipment in green machines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 9/21/2006 23:46 (#45602 - in reply to #45553)
Subject: at this point in time I don't care about this year, I'm thinking about 07

We've already harvested our corn where we had all of our side by side comparisons. We've only got about 300 acres to go on corn so there is not much left. Prior to last year we had continuous yield data on every field we had farmed for 9 years, 10 on some. Last year it took them so long to get it running we missed half the acres, this year we've missed almost all of our corn acres (the other half that we didn't miss last year)so we really don't have our long term yield mapping capability anymore.

What really ticks me off, our dealer checked with Deere before we bought the receiver etc. for the 4700. He told them what we wanted to do, what the serial number of the sprayer was, the whole thing. Someone at Deere should have known and told us about the problem with the voltage before we buy it, install it and find it won't work and then have to pay more to make it work.

Same thing with our combine last fall. Got the machine, just days before harvest started they finally got the harvest doc card to set it up. Put it in, went to the field, it had a glitch. Called tech service, finally found out that there had been an upgrade to the software. The tech told us it really "wasn't a big deal" just download the new update from Deere and install it. Yea, right we're out in a field, 20 miles from my laptop, have a brand new machine that we can't get to run and he wants me to go grab my laptop and install a new update.

The kicker was when I went home that night and went to download it, the date on the update was something like July 9th. This was the last week in August and Deere was still shipping a brand new harvest doc program with software in it that had been updated 2 months prior. As far as I am concerned whenever a program goes out the door it should have the latest version installed, none of this bs about shipping something they knew would not work and then hoping you would check the website to see if an upgrade was available.

I didn't expect to have this many problems with GS1.

Later,
Ray
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)