AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain dryer /dryeration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

4MSU
Posted 11/24/2008 14:16 (#515522)
Subject: Grain dryer /dryeration

Anyone use dryeration for drying corn. I've been doing some reading on it just curiuos of personal experiences with it. We currently use an older M-C Continuos flow dryer which then goes into a 9000 bu bin and then we will switch the big leg from the wet bin to a 50000 bu bin and gravity flow out of the small bin and up the leg to the big bin.

Our problem is the dryer will not keep up. The dryer is old and needs to be watched 24hrs per day for problems.
Do you have to have two small bins for cooling? Or could you do it with one? For instance Convert cooling fan on dryer to be hot. Run the dryer hotter as they say you can, bring the corn out 2% wetter. Only run the 12 hrs instead of 24 then cool grain overnight and transfer in morning. I know this might not speed thing up but at least there is possibility of not sitting there and babysitting the dryer 24hrs.

Also does anyone know of any good used dryers for sale. Current one is an M-C 900. Looking anywhere in MI, Ohio, Indiana or Illinios.

I appreciate any input.
Thanks

Edited by 4MSU 11/24/2008 17:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)