AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Controlling Hydraulic SCV via CAN 11783
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/3/2008 06:12 (#496615 - in reply to #496523)
Subject: RE: Controlling Hydraulic SCV via CAN 11783

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I did some fooling around with our 8310 a couple of years ago. My idea was to use a Raven controller to utilize an SCV on the tractor. If successful this would eliminate the need to purchase an external hyd control valve in certain applications.

I literally cut the wires leading to an SCV and inserted a weatherpak pair at this connection. With the wires reconnected the tractor behaved as original.

With the SCV disconnected from the tractor wiring and connected to the Raven controller, the Raven controller was able to control the activity of the SCV. The Raven controller was set to operate with a PWM valve.

This did seem to work but I really had no practical use for the setup and I was just doing it to satisfy my curiosity if it would work should some need arise in the future.

The tractor dash did "complain" that there was a hydraulic problem. Apparently the system "knows" that SCV 3 should have been connected to the tractor when I had it connected to the Raven. Others have told me that putting a proper size resistor in a weatherpak cap would probably have satisifed the tractor into thinking that that SCV 3 was still in connected and thus prevented the error message.

Your concept is of course much more complex. It seems to me that you plan on injecting CAN messages so to speak into the system. This seems like it could lead to conflicts with the original scheme of things.

My plan did not involve CAN at all (except for the error message part) and simply "moved" the control of the SCV to another device.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)