AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case 2096
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

OH Mike
Posted 10/14/2008 12:30 (#482100 - in reply to #481898)
Subject: Re: Case 2096

NW Oh
Great Tractors. Good Weight to HP ratio. Great for the $. Compared to an 86 series IH there's no comparison. We have both and I try to leave my uncles 1486 in the barn. If the powershift seems solid go for it. At about 4000hrs the little computer board in the RH console for the transmission will go out, so it won't shift, but $150 or so will have you up and running.

I used to pull 5-14" with it and we had our 12 JD7000 front fold planter on it and it was a load on the 3 pt in transport, and on flat land pulled it at 5 mph pretty good. Next year the planters going on a 2394 we picked up mainly for the heavier 3pt. Always a bit scared going down the road with the 2096 and planter. As mentioned it can powershift rather hard. What I found pulling wagons was keep the engine speed down when shifting and when up shifting try to shift while lugging. They tend to shift smoother when lugging. I think that's cause you have all the slop out of the hitch pins which causes the extra jerking/slamming.

My $02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)