AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dealer wants to use my leg for RTK, what is fair??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 10/7/2008 22:45 (#477323 - in reply to #477169)
Subject: Re: dealer wants to use my leg for RTK, what is fair??

Grand Rapids, MI
10% off a subscription, wow, that seems ridiculously cheap. In that case the dealer is using your leg for free and still making good money on your subscription. As a dealer that sounds great, but as a producer, I would be offended.

If there is value to you in an RTK subscription, I think that is your best negotiating point. After all the marginal cost to the dealer to provide you the service is zero from what I understand. Heck, the dealer might even get you to buy a couple extra rovers that you wouldn't have otherwise. I would negotiate that you get subscriptions for a reasonable number of rovers, for your farm only (you can't resell or give to other farmers), for as long as the RTK system is on your tower.

This is pretty consistent with a deal I represented for a wireless internet antenna and equipment on a grain leg. The property owner got wireless internet on up to 5 sites for him, his business, and immediate family (about a $50/mo value each). The property owner needed to pay for the equipment to recieve the signal on their end. The equipment has been there since 2004 and they are both happy with the agreement still. If you wanted, the attorney that wrote the agreement would probably write you one similar pretty inexpensively since she's done it before, I can put you in touch if you like.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)