AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cleaning settings on 2577
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

steve1616
Posted 10/6/2008 23:59 (#476492 - in reply to #476374)
Subject: Re: Cleaning settings on 2577

North East Kansas
We have our concave adjusted at 3.1 most of the time, and the cobbs come out whole. We have more problems with the cobbs breaking in the separation section in the keystock grates because of tumbling. We set the concave clearance the same size as the cobb. The operators manual does say that if you get corn in the fan that you need to open the shoe a little more and close the chaffer a little. The problem is that this changes things around a bunch (mainly because of the grain shoe that we have). If the shoe is open 3/8" to 7/16" for the best results, we get corn in the fan in high yielding corn. If you open the shoe just barely more, the 1 1/8" grain slat will plug over a days time with some of the small bits of cobbs. If you open the shoe all the way, you aren't filtering anything and end up doing everything with the top sieves anyway. This seems to result in more loss over the chaffer to get an acceptable sample in the grain bin. Maybe I just need to get a corn chaffer along with a 1 5/8" closz shoe. It seems like this might really help. Does my concave seem that low? I have always been taught to open the concave the same width as the cobb, and 3.1 is generally very close.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)