AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Slight problem delivering new air seeder (Pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 10/6/2008 02:57 (#475775 - in reply to #475573)
Subject: Different line of thinking here now but..............

Kansas
1 If it's totaled, what is the salvage value of that thing? I see a pretty easy rebuild provided the frames aint' tweaked.

2: Good possibility he's went under that bridge before. Been my experience Trucking that 90 percent of the bridges out there read a lesser height than there actually is and if the tires were overfilled with air and he was cooking along a pretty good clip and it happened to bounce at the right time...........well, theres your end results. Of course, there were bridges I went under at a snails pace with the air bags deflated so I could get under. I hate to sit here miles away and scold not knowing the whole story but yep, somehow, the fella sure made a boo boo that was driving the rig.

3: This low bridge isn't just the lone wolf out there in rural Kansas. My area has similar ones too and if they are not low to pass under they arn't wide enough to get across with more than a passenger vehicle. This should be a wake up call to the each and every state that our equipment is not getting smaller or narrower by any means. Everything is getting taller and wider and heavier and it is time by god that they eliminate these buggy bridges and start putting in some stuff to accomidate a heavier traffic of future iron that makes alot of todays used equipment dwarfed by even conservative standards.

4: What kind of bubble gum welds were on that drill frame that 4 pivot joints let loose before a hitch pin did? So much for your damn miserable safety chains.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)