AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2388 black smoke and stalling out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sawfly
Posted 10/6/2008 02:15 (#475769 - in reply to #475266)
Subject: Re: 2388 black smoke and stalling out

Brian do you mean the tubes in the precleaner /aspirator?
i think i just clued in
your probably right , because i know i have too much crap getting in the air cleaner and rad,
i was getting annoyed that that air cleaner was getting plugged so often. and i removed the suction line from the aspirator and found
lots of chaff etc. and melted tubes. i ordered a new air cleaner assembly because its not sold seperately. it was gonna take 2 days to get it
and i had about 3 days of harvest left.
So i drilled out the pop rivets that hold the aspirator in the plastic tube , pulled it out and found only 2 of the 21 or 23 tubes in it were melted right where the suction comes in.
now i think , the suction is getting all its air from the melted tubes, and thats why the precleaner isn't working properly.
i plug the 2 melted tubes with silicone. wash the whole thing install it 1/2 turn from original.. gotta work right? back to the field

now here is where i get brain dead with new air filter and "fixed" aspirator it can't be an intake problem right WRONG
I will pull off the air cleaner tomorrow , I think i will find the tubes plugged off simply because the airscreen, brush or leak is letting too
large of material in and plugging aspirator.

thanks for replies, i will update what i find

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)