AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

605 M broken
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Traveler
Posted 10/5/2008 00:24 (#475125 - in reply to #474727)
Subject: RE: 605 M broken

East River SoDak
We have almost 4K bales on ours. We had a JD 535 for probably 12 years and 30K bales before this one and up until the last few years was almost trouble free now granted it wasn't net wrap and we baled no cornstalks. This baler it seems the splices like to work their way out. The belts don't run crooked and i have plenty of tension on the belts. The belts on this baler don't seem as tough as on our old JD. Seems they get scuffed and cut up easier. After about a thousand bales i had a belt get caught in the baler because one of the ends of the splices pulled off the belt. The bearings were not out when the roller broke. In fact i just had it at the dealer to check them because i thought they seemed unusually hot and didn't want to start a fire baling straw. On the new balers they make them thicker so obviously there is a reason for that. The good thing is that even though the baler is out of warranty they are going to cover that roller and also replace the drive roller on top with the new heavier duty ones. I've used probably 4 different kinds of net wrap, all with the same results. One in every 25 to 50 bales the outside foot of netwrap will be wrapped around the roller instead of the bale. I've also noticed if i don't clean if off right away it seems to wrap around there more frequently. I will also have strips in the netwrap once in every 20 or so bales. I've tried adjusting the tension, the stripper plates, and making sure the knife area in back is clean. Like i said there are some scuffs in some belts but you certainly can't be expected to replace a belt every time you have blemish in it, can you? I don't mind the strips so bad, at least they don't fall apart when you try to move them they just look bad. I also usually have some in the pickup. All i know is when the netwrap doesn't go on the bale it goes somewhere. Either in the pickup or around a roller, it doesn't just fall on the ground. The things i like about the baler is its capacity, the big wheels, and the heavy duty pickup. We haven't had to replace a tooth yet. Just bent the "hook" back into them once. I had to rent a 567 from our jd dealer to bale some hay tonight before the rain, because the Vermeer dealer didn't have a decent baler to use before ours got fixed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)