AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

605 M broken
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 10/4/2008 09:27 (#474752 - in reply to #474741)
Subject: Re: 605 M broken

Saronville NE
Neighbor had a roller break in half last yr on his 605M, it had about 7k bales thru it when it broke. I have a 605M also, we havent had any major issues with it yet, some of the pu teeth werent tightned at the factory and were loose, other than that nothing that was there fault. We tweaked the endgate with only 700 bales thru it, but dealer came out and tweaked it back and closes better now then it did new, so must not of been adjusted right from factory. Im like Rhino we do have promblems with the net gettin in to the pu head, I cut it out every so often. The only net wrap promblem we have had is the net wouldnt cut and pull long string of net till it tore it and leave it layin on the ground in front of the bale, just ended up being the net changed net and havent had a promblem since. What I have noticed if you are having promblems with tears in the net and it wraps on the rollers, once theres some on the rollers it will want to tear more and mess up more bales, but if you cut the wrap out that is wrapped on the rolls, it wont tear the bales anymore, at least this is what Ive found, so we always carry a utility knife in the balin trator in case that starts happening.
As in comparsion to a new 568 I think Is stick with the M unless you like promblems and be mad all the time. We demoed one before we bought our M last fall, used it for 200 bales and it didnt wrap 2 bales when monitor said it did, and left strips that werent wrapped on pry 8-10 bales, in 4k bales so far this yr and lots of cornstalks and feed left to bale this yr yet, I havent missed a bale that wasnt wrapped, and havent that many bales total with strips not wrapped. Also have 3 neighbors with 568s and all 3 have had their pu all mangled up, something to do with the cam system in the head, had it rebuilt 2 times under warranty and already rebuilt this yr not under warranty and this baler doent even have 2k bales thru it, the other 2 balers pry have 5k thru them but have rebuilt theirs 3 times also. Also 2 of them have had driveshaft promblems, driveshaft just broke, no real good reason why. We used to have deere balers and the M is a far cry better than deere. JMO
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)