AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1083 CIH Cornhead questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 10/3/2008 21:19 (#474537)
Subject: 1083 CIH Cornhead questions.

Mid-Missouri
Running a 2588 in 16 to 20 percent corn with a good amount of stalk moisture. About 150 bpa. Seem to be experiencing quite abit of butt shelling at the head. We usually run a 2208 header but I have heard enough good about the 1083 that we purchased one awhile back. The 2208 has its own unique issues anyway. On the 1083, we moved the slotted holes on the knives closer to each other. Where do I get shims to shim the front of the rollers? I have the 35 tooth drive sprocket for this head. Is that why I have kernal loss at header. Should I get a smaller drive sprocket but I couldn't drive as fast right? I am driving usually between 5 and 6 mph. Also, it seems I am getting more than I would like of stalk above the ear coming into the combine. I actually don't know what the measurement of the deck plates are but they appear to be pretty tight. If I opened them some would it reduce kernal loss? Does anyone make auto deck plates like drago for other cornheads. Seems like that they should. Behind the deck plates at the triangle piece, there is some stalk buildup, is this normal? One of the triangles was broke so I welded a new one on but even on that row, the stalk wedges in the cracks. I think the rows would feed better if that buildup wasn't there. How important are the tightness of the holes going through the aluminum block that the front idler sprocket mounts to? They aren't a tight fit like new. BTW, the hillside dividers just put into the 2588 really work well. Much better than w/o. Chaffer is working great, loss monitor on 10 for chaffer and needle seldom moves. Very clean sample also. All rotor vanes fully retarded and 2 and 3 concaves w/o every other wire. Beans are about ready. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)