AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Triple Vs Conventional.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jack Asset
Posted 9/28/2008 11:31 (#470781 - in reply to #470523)
Subject: RE: Triple Vs Conventional.........

it ammuses me that people think that they can't grow great corn without the power of Monsanto's triple or pioneer's HX power stacks. Francis Childs, crooked yields or not, grew 400 bu/a corn without these power stacks.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that citoriskeet sees a big swing in his vt3 to his refuge if he's not applying an infurrow soil insecticide. my guess is by his description he is not. 2 years ago we planted Dk 52-47 RRYG vs Dk 52-40 YGPL side by side and had a full rate of insecticide on the 5247. the 5247 outyielded it by several bu/a. that's the same genetic family. so what we're we getting for our trait?

for 2009 the spread between the cost of the trait and the cost of a conventional insecticide will change immensely. you will be able to put a full rate of insecticide on for probably$15-18/a where the added cost of the trait package is likely $60-75/A. That means that the stacked corns need to outyield their conventional counterparts by 10-12 bu/a apples to apples. If our vt3's with 3/4 rate of insecticide don't outyield our refuge corns with full insecticide by 15 bu/a, we're going all convetional next year. and yes virginia, there is conventional seed available...not from the M or the P, but other companies are filling the gap. no doubt their technology works, but is it really putting $ in your pockets if your comparing it apples to apples?

we would all be better off if we shut the tv off and didn't get inundated every morning with the smoke and the mirror campaigns from the big m. they've bought karl rove style campaigning and ethics to seed industry.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)