AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dekalb Canola Growers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Rosco
Posted 9/26/2008 14:05 (#469863 - in reply to #469859)
Subject: Re: Dekalb Canola Growers

Galahad, Alberta
That is good stuff to know, thanks for the results. I am a big fan of the liberty systems, have tried 5070, 9590??? and this year 5440. The 5070 did the best, but that was 3 years ago, and everyones canola around here did very well that year. I think that I will give the 5440 another shot next year. Agree with you on the RR canola and buckwheat, lots of guys here are having trouble with that. How is harvest going around Camrose? "Here", there are a few done, a few will finish in a day or two, and there are a couple with a long ways to go. I guess if they want to farm half the countryside, they can figure a way to get it off. My brother and I got done Saturday night. Generally happy with yeilds, but canola was a bit low. Hearing about a fair amount of ergot in wheat around the Killam area, but not much about midge. Doesn't seem to be the problem this year that it was in the past. There is the odd report of 60+ canola yeilds, not just one lucky field, but a few guys in different areas. Genetics are getting better.
Rosco
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)