AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Heck of a day harvesting corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 9/26/2008 07:34 (#469642 - in reply to #469522)
Subject: Re: Heck of a day harvesting corn

I put a Cab Cam settup on our grain cart last year. Best thing I ever done. I was always a nervous wreck unloading on the go in soybeans. Even with the extra long auger on the 2388 with a 30' head you had to drive awfully close to the end of the head. Seems as I get older I find it harder to turn around to see what's going on (relationship to the combine ). With the camera settup all I had to do was watch the monitor to know where I needed to be.

This year we added auto steer to the combine. That made things even easier. No worry about the combine operator wobbling side to side. I use his last wheel track as a marker and know we're going to be the same distance apart. Last year we wouldn't unload on the go in beans after dark, even with the Cab Cam, but this year with autosteer as well it doesn't bother me.

Agree with the comment about dads. Only difference with me it was my uncle that raises me. He died in 1971 but still think about him everyday. He taught me a lot, just wish I had paid more attention to him and done more things with him.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)