AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Portable generator education
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

myfarm
Posted 9/21/2008 20:37 (#466012)
Subject: Portable generator education

I know this isn't the time for shopping for them, but am looking for one before winter. I want to connect to a transfer switch with a single point connection at the generator. I have noticed that most of the generators in the 8 kw continuous with surge ratings from 10 kw to 12 kw only have a 120/240V-30 amp twist lock connection. By using the volt X amp formula, I can only see that this size generator is only good for 7.2kw through this connection. I suppose the mfg. intends the maximum output to come from multiple circuits in the generator .The few generators that I have found with a single connect 120/240 50 amp are China imports, and I just can't find enough information and user ratings for these imports to feel comfortable placing so much risk in them to perform. Now, my question is: How do I make a single point connection to the transfer switch and get the full capacity out of the 8 to 10 kW generator? Does anyone know of a reliable generator in this size with a 40 to 50 amp connection?

I may also be interested in an import if I could get some input from a reliable source such as this board. TIA

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)