AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gold Key tour 9/19/08
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 9/20/2008 20:57 (#465317 - in reply to #465063)
Subject: RE: Gold Key tour 9/19/08....08/27/07

Chebanse, IL.....

Tractor factory GOLD KEY tour was great, wasn't it!! I'm glad you got to go! We were lucky enough to go thru on 8/27/07 for gold key. Lots of amazing things, that's for sure. Thanks for the photos.

Did your tour guide happen to be Harold (far left in photo, brother Larry on right, I'm in middle)? I'm sure all guides are good, but we thought Harold gave us the "extra special" tour. Harold started @ JD building 4010s, now retired. He farms also.

It's also seems somewhat a privilege to be able to "autograph" the underside of your hood before it's bolted on tractor. Brother, Larry is signing here. We all signed, including Harold.

We were also impressed by the lineworkers. Most all of them took time to acknowledge visitors & they voluntarily were enthusiastic about explaining their job & what they knew about your tractor. I assume employees are "encouraged" to fraternize w/visitors. We felt bad about asking questions at first, but soon realized they were eager to share, even if we didn't ask. They seem to be happy employees.

Edited by Ron..NE ILL..10/48 9/20/2008 21:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)