AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big Bud - 747
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 9/21/2008 11:19 (#465656 - in reply to #465473)
Subject: RE: Big Bud - 747

Southeast Florida
You only saw the part of his operation there. He's got at least a half dozen more farms 5000+ acre operations scattered around south of there to Belle Glade. The corn you seen growing is for silage for the large dairy operations over in Okeechobee City area. Last time I was over there Jim had 6, 980 CLAAS choppers and trades the every year. The combines are for rice, did you see his combines that were on the excavator undercarriage? I know he had 4, 9750 on CAT 330 long undercarriages with no tires. These were built at CAMECO. The farm in Lake Placid that’s not too far from my parents has 20+ 400 hp and up tractors. Did you see the Big G 60’ wide or the 42” blade 20’ discs?
Jim has quit an operation growing carrots, radishes, sweet corn, brassica leaf crops, rice, silage corn and sugar cane. He’s a very likeable soft spoken guy that if you met on the street you wouldn’t have a clue he’s a farmer much less one of the largest in the country. He’s made quite well for himself farming but his background is coalmines, oil & gas in KY, W VA, ID and IL. He's very much a character and somebody you don’t want to get into a pissing match with at an equipment auction.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)