AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big Bud - 747
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

OhioFarmboy®
Posted 9/21/2008 01:24 (#465473 - in reply to #465187)
Subject: RE: Big Bud - 747

South-Western Ohio

Myself and a few of my friends visited the farm down in Florida back in 94 or 95 during Bike Week at Daytona.We all got pics of us on our Harleys next to the 747.At that time,he had 2 Big Buds,the 747 and 740 i think was the number on the other.He also had a dozen or so other big 4x4's setting around,a couple Versatile 1175's,3 or 4 Steiger Tigers and a couple JD's.Also if i remember correct,he had in the barnlot 3 or 4 big self propelled choppers and several JD combines.Saw a couple 8820's with dual 30.5's on the front and dual ?? tires on the back.Sure wish i could find my pics,but i can't find them to scan and put on here.He was planting corn the day we stopped in and we helped him fill the planter and introduced ourselves.

Whole lot different farming down there than up here.Lots of drainage ditches,kind of mucky sandy like soil.He had corn in a few different stages of growth then,some was knee high or a little more,some was 5-6 inches tall,some in twin rows.I think he may of had potato's growing out in the front 2 fields.Also had what looked like a good size cattle or dairy operation,but we didn't go back that road or laneway to look around.All in all,was a interesting place and that tractor is BIG.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)