AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

18 hp OHv Brigs &Stratton Intek...runaway engine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cottonfarmer
Posted 9/19/2008 22:14 (#464775)
Subject: 18 hp OHv Brigs &Stratton Intek...runaway engine

west Tennessee
My buddy was mowing his yard. he has a craftsman mower with 18 hp briggs OHV INTEK... He was mowing along and all the sudden the engine runs away...wide open... like even faster than full throttle. it does this for a few seconds and right before he could cut it off.... u guessed it.... the engine died hard. so he pulls it apart and it had bent a push rod and the keepers were off. so my buddy goes and buys new push rods, puts engine back together. cranks it up and she goes wide open again. even with the throttle all the way down at idle, when u crank it it tries to "runaway".. So guys here is where I need your help. he asked me what it could be, I told him I thought possibly the governor wass ticking or broken but i admit it was just a guess... I told him that if I posted it on agtalk someone would have multiple solutions for me in an hour....lol so guys Im counting on ya! lol he doubted me so here we go putting agtalk community reputation on the line! lol j/k Anyideas what to check? thanks a bundle, and I will be sure and post the follow up as soon as he finds the problem! David
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)