AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Missouri Crop Scouting Vehicle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 9/19/2008 16:42 (#464554 - in reply to #463514)
Subject: RE: Missorui Crop Scouting Vehicle

Little River, TX
Of all the flying machines that is probably the simplest. They do have their limitations, but so does any machine.

In round numbers the chute has a forward speed of roughly 30 mph. That is built in. So you take off at 30, climb at 30, cruise at 30 & land at 30 mph. To go up you apply more power, to desend you take off power. Regardless your forward speed will be the design speed of the chute as effected by the weight of the load. Right off you can see one draw back. if there is a 35 mph wind at flying altitude you will be going backwards if where you want to go is up wind.

The usual engine is a 2 cycle and may require more maintenance than we are used to.

These machine do not have much of a cross wind capability. As you know wind velocity and directions are constantly changing. So I agree I would not be all that happy with the row of shrubs on one side. It would be a great strip for a Cub, Champ, or Cessna 150 or Cessna 172.

From what I have heard, a key is to cut the engine and dump the air as soon as you are on the ground.

If interested you really need to take lessons on how to fly one, Learn the rules as they apply to you is also a necessity.

Anything that flies, is flying in the air. If you fly the machine it will be about as safe as most recreational machines.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)