AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crows corn ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Central-IL-Farmer
Posted 9/18/2008 09:40 (#463451 - in reply to #463387)
Subject: Re: Crows corn ?

Before being brought by Monsanto Crows was an independent based out of Milford, Illinois. They are now part of ChannelBio. I believe the old Edward Funk seed company that was Super Cross years ago is part of A.S.I. companies too and that may where mike in sw mn got confused with old Funk's G Hybrids that was based out of Bloomington, Illinois. Funk's Seeds became Ciba-Geigy Seed Division and then Ciba Seeds and with the merger of Ciba-Geigy and Sandoz became Norvartis Seeds and then was also merged with NK. Norvarits spun off the ag portion of the company to form Syngenta and the Funk's Seeds of old is now part of Syngenta seeds and the NK Brand of that company. The interesting thing is the old Golden Harvest companies now owned by Syngenta Seeds and still called Golden Harvest today was originally formed by family seedsmen that were associate growers of the Funk's Bros. Seed Co. of Funk's G Hybrids fame. Golden Harvest was formed when Funk's Seeds went International or in other words the Funk family sold the company to CPC International, that later sold it to Ciba-Geigy and ran it as a wholly owned subsidiary until they decided to make it a Seed Division around 1990. I am not sure who rights to the Funk's G Hybrids name, but I would guess Syngenta might. It appears that the once strong and proud Funk's "G" is now just part of seed corn history.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)