AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Torn, others, Part number for 7010
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 9/16/2008 09:52 (#461851 - in reply to #461835)
Subject: Re: Torn, others, Part number for 7010

roaming
If you have no harness, you also have no mounting bracket, so you'll need to buy or make one. If you want the factory bracket, let me know and I'll look for a p/n.

Unless you really want to, you don't have to communicate via CAN. You can use any receiver you want, as long as it can communicate via the standard NMEA protocol. The factory receiver options are 100 or 252, and they communicate via CAN from the factory, but could also communicate via RS232.

You'll find the GPS connector inside or just underneath the right hand console. It's a square 10-pin female Metripack connector. You can use 87382742 to connect any receiver to this connector. A null modem adapter is also required if the receiver DOES NOT output in the null modem format (because the 87382742 cable is already nulled). CIH finally posted the GPS cabling guide on their AFS website. http://www.caseihafs.com, click the Downloads link.

Or you could use a serial cable directly into the bottom of the Pro 600, but it's a pain on the 8010 because of the display mounting location.

If you still want to get on the CAN, let me know what receiver you want to use and I'll see if I can find part numbers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)