AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

You Insight guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Sof40_AG
Posted 9/2/2008 12:40 (#449519 - in reply to #449312)
Subject: Re: You Insight guys

Millhousen Indiana
Ted, i think it is important to elaborate why we need two implement switches.
Some implement switches are mounted on the row unit. as the planter in lowered the implement switch is engaged (or disengaged depending on the install) by the row unit/parallel linkage being raised. this makes the planter plant. now while in operation the planter unit hits a tile hole or a rock and bounces. that bounce will cause the insight to shut off the planter as it thinks it has been raised. by installing two implement switches, if one row/implement switch is tripped by a hole/rock, the InSight still sees that one implement switch that is engaged and will NOT shut the planter down.
Thus the need for two implement switches.

Now keep in mind that if the implement switch is installed on the frame of the planter, it is less likely to be affected by the tile hole or rock or any other obstacle, and thus a need for two implement switches may not be necessary.

While a "virtual" implement switch would be nice, and may prove one day to be useful, I'm not sure it can completely replace the physical switch.... at least on a planter.

In regards to the aerial image within the insight. I agree this would be a "nice feature". although I don't think this feature would add more dollars to your pocket, such as a seedcommand, directcommand, etc... I understand other products have this capability (JD, Viper) but neither of those products can perform the way the InSight does. I guess I'm glad that Ag Leader has focused their resources on producing a monitor that WORKS. instead of trying to add an aerial image to the screen.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)