AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ 500 w/EZ Boom vs. JD 1800 w/swath pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

S & S
Posted 8/29/2008 08:17 (#445913)
Subject: EZ 500 w/EZ Boom vs. JD 1800 w/swath pro

Looking for a second system. Have GS1 for parrallel tracking now and need a second system because planting and spraying at the same time. Use GS1 for variety locater for maps. My sprayer tractor is a 55 series tractor wired for deere already. I shared the screen and reciever this year to get by.
Deere with the 1800 and the new Starfire 300 will be around $7500. EZ-500 with EZ Boom a little under $5K. Dealer support is the same. I know the Deere system, as I have been with it for years. But, the extra $ for what I am getting bothers me. I have only heard good things about the EZ system. That is all I know about it. What am I missing? I have no interest in auto steering my spray tractor as %95 of my spraying is in rows and I don't plan to plant with auto-steer any time soon. The kicker is the swath pro activation charge. I struggle with that as it won't be used on anything else for me any time soon. Sprayer only.
Do I spend the least amount of $ for a good system from another company or stick with Deere and pay the piper? I would be able to crossover to combine or other tractor if need be. Deere dealer is pushing saying his system has more future potential and when not planting with SF1 reciever could spray with it therefore SF1 being more reliable than WASS. I don't know on that. Is mixing 2 systems going to give me headaches later or being that the spray tractor is his own system not a big deal? Thanks for any comments.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)