AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Density and CFR Settings for an Insight Strip Till module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/27/2008 13:55 (#444436)
Subject: Density and CFR Settings for an Insight Strip Till module

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The following is a little note I created today to explain Density and CFR settings with an Insight and a Strip-Till Module for our customers. It may be useful for others.

The Density and CFR settings are associated with each product and the metering channel being used. This means that switching products should be quite easy once the product has been used and correctly calibrated.

The CFR is dependent on the metering roll and channel used. Each product would have a single density value and possibly three different CFR values in a three product Strip-Till machine. The system remembers these values and will use the density and CFR that are appropriate for the product and channel being used.

When a product is chosen for a channel, the previous Density and CFR for a channel will be used until these value(s) are changed. If these values are changed the values will be in effect the next time that the product and channel are chosen.

New Products – First Time Use

When a new product is added to the product list, the system will assign a common density to the product that is generally accepted for that product. The CFR number will default to .1008. This is the system’s “best guess” for the Density and CFR.

When a new product blend is created the system assumes a density of 60#/ft3 and a CFR of .1008. This is the system’s “best guess” for the Density and CFR in those situations.

Either or both of these values should be changed as necessary with the keypad or the calibration procedure.

In general, the system will assume a Density of 60#/ft3 and a CFR of .1008 unless it has reason to use other values.

Edited by tedbear 8/27/2008 14:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)