AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time for gps-Outback v.s. Trimble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

reznik
Posted 8/24/2008 13:12 (#442158 - in reply to #442024)
Subject: Re: Time for gps-Outback v.s. Trimble

Northwest Texas Panhandle
Okay, so the Outback might drift a little bit but I don't remember the last time that I had to snap the AB line the next morning.  I park it on the line and its always within a few inches.  I've been spraying one field with the same AB line all year and I have yet to snap the line because its with 8" inches of the original.  Now realize though that the Outback really loses its appeal when you use it as more than just a light bar.  The eDrive isn't nearly aggressive enough in getting on the line and its provided me with lots of aggravation.  Outback really doesn't have their autosteer game on right now.  I was told their working on a new system that should be more accurate but they didn't have a set date.  It really needs a wheel angle sensor.  I can't tell you much about their tilt compensation as its flat for miles here.  I do know that where I have some large bumps in the field from the wind a couple of years ago, it doesn't do a good job correcting.  Again, its just not aggressive enough.  "Bumps" probably isn't the best term, they're more miniature hills.  By contour, I was just talking about using contour mode to do the dryland corners on the outside of my pivots.  I definitely wouldn't recommend Outback for your autosteer needs, just as a simple light bar.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)