AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Experts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

myfarm
Posted 8/18/2008 20:58 (#438125 - in reply to #437988)
Subject: Re: Trimble Experts

I would take a serious look at the Autofarm with a base station. That would be about what you would pay for the Trimble and one year's subscription. I am not advertising for anyone, but I don't think there is a bit of difference in what the two systems will do for you. They are both excellent systems. I guess it depends on your needs now and the future, but if you need to move the main system from tractor to tractor or combine, I would look really close as to how easy they will move. I am not familiar enough with Trimble to tell you, but after you have the platform kit in place on each piece of equipment, it takes no more than ten minutes to move the Autofarm A5 from one to the other. Trimble may be this easy, I don't know. As for free signals from someone else, I would keep in mind that someone paid for that signal and it is theirs. Although they may not mind you using it, they are free to take it down, shut it down, trade for another brand etc. etc. If you are thinking about repeatability, I would give serious thought to having my own base.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)